Sunday, June 28, 2009

Roma, Italy

I now realize that I overestimated my family's stamina. Perhaps it was the jet lag. I made several contingencies for the short two-day pre-cruise stay in Roma, but I honestly never thought we'd get as little as we actually did in the those 36 hours. In my planning, I had expected to see or visit all of the following: Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel, Colisseum, Forum, Piazza del Campidoglio and Spanish Steps. In reality, we ended up doing about half of it. My priority for these two days was always on my parents getting to see as much as they could as my immediate family still had three days post-cruise in Roma to do more sightseeing. I worried that my parents would have some regrets over missing some popular sights but then probably not.

No comments: